1980 Festival Plaza Drive, Suite 600
Las Vegas , NV 89135
Phone: (702) 792-7000
After obtaining his Juris Doctor (with Dean’s Honors) in 1997, Jim joined Kaempfer Crowell. He is a partner in the Litigation Department and has served as lead counsel in jury trials, bench trials and arbitrations. Jim’s practice encompasses commercial litigation, commercial landlord/tenant, construction, and design law. He has obtained favorable results for his clients in matters involving judicial review, land use regulation, contract disputes, real property disputes, lien litigation, tortious interference, fraud and misrepresentation claims, business and loan disputes, and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
In addition, Jim regularly handles matters before the Business Court in the Eighth Judicial District Court. He has successfully argued and won appeals before the Supreme Court of Nevada. Jim has also achieved Martindale-Hubbel’s coveted AV rating, the highest ranking given by Martindale-Hubbel, an international peer-review rating system for the legal profession.
Jim is a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America (“LCA”). The LCA is a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellowship in the LCA is highly selective and by invitation only. Fellows are selected based upon excellence and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation. He is a Fellow in the Construction Lawyers Society of America and listed in the AIA Trust Legal Network.
As a native Nevadan, Jim cares deeply about the community in which he lives and works. He is a volunteer with the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada’s Children’s Attorney Project and is a mentor in the Transitioning into Practice Program for the State Bar of Nevada. Jim is also currently a member of Vistage.
Jim has written for a number of publications including Communiqué and Nevada Civil Practice Manual. He has also presented in several seminars on a wide variety of topics including construction law and contracts, judicial review, and defense of the reptile theory.
- The Nevada Business Magazine – 2009 and 2013 Nevada Legal Elite
- Mountain States Super Lawyers in Business and Civil Litigation – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Mountain States Super Lawyers in Business Litigation – 2017
- Best Lawyers in America® in Litigation - Land Use & Zoning Law and Real Estate Law – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Vegas Inc. Top Lawyer in Litigation - 2013
- American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel – Legal Leader in Construction Law - 2015; Real Estate Law - 2016
- Desert Companion Magazine Top Lawyers in Civil Litigation - 2011 and 2014
- Martindale-Hubbell rating: AV
J.D. Washburn University School of Law, Dean's Honors, 1997
B.A. University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1994
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth District
U.S. District Court, District of Nevada