1980 Festival Plaza Drive, Suite 600
Las Vegas , NV 89135
Phone: (702) 792-7000
After obtaining his Juris Doctor (with Dean’s Honors) in 1997, Jim joined Kaempfer Crowell. He is a partner in the Litigation Department and his practice encompasses commercial litigation, commercial landlord/tenant, construction, and design law. He has successfully handled a variety of commercial litigation matters through trials. Such matters involved contract disputes, real property disputes, lien litigation, tortious interference, fraud and misrepresentation claims, business and loan disputes, and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
In addition, Jim regularly handles matters before the Business Court in the Eighth Judicial District Court. He has successfully argued and won appeals before the Supreme Court of Nevada. Jim has also achieved Martindale-Hubbel’s coveted AV rating, the highest ranking given by Martindale-Hubbel, an international peer-review rating system for the legal profession.
Jim is a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America (“LCA”). The LCA is a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellowship in the LCA is highly selective and by invitation only. Fellows are selected based upon excellence and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation.
As a native Nevadan, Jim cares deeply about the community he loves and works in. Jim is a member of the Henderson and Boulder City Chamber of Commerce. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Blind Center of Nevada and is involved in the Transitioning into Practice mentor through the State Bar of Nevada.
- Jim has written for a number of publications including Communiqué and Nevada Civil Practice Manual. He has also presented before several seminars on construction law and construction contract classes.
- The Nevada Business Magazine – 2009 and 2013 Nevada Legal Elite
- Mountain States Super Lawyers in Business and Civil Litigation – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Mountain States Super Lawyers in Business Litigation – 2017
- Best Lawyers in America® in Litigation - Land Use & Zoning Law and Real Estate Law – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Vegas Inc. Top Lawyer in Litigation - 2013
- American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel – Legal Leader in Construction Law - 2015; Real Estate Law - 2016
- Desert Companion Magazine Top Lawyers in Civil Litigation - 2011 and 2014
- Martindale-Hubbell rating: AV
J.D. Washburn University School of Law, Dean's Honors, 1997
B.A. University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1994
United States District Court, District of Nevada 1997