At Kaempfer Crowell, we embrace a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally comprised of diverse people, with varied experiences and unique backgrounds, who also share a common commitment to our firm culture and to serving clients with integrity, loyalty, and competency. This dedication is vital to the longevity and sustainability of the firm. As such, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters and values new ideas and different perspectives from every member of our team to better serve our clients. A strong and caring culture that respects and values everyone’s individuality is essential to Kaempfer Crowell’s continued success.
State Bar of Nevada Partner in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In March 2023, Kaempfer Crowell became a State Bar of Nevada Partner in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The State Bar of Nevada recognizes law firms and legal organizations that have incorporated diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in their practices. Law firms must complete a minimum of five initiatives to earn the DEI medallion. Kaempfer Crowell earned a DEI medallion for its initiatives, which include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing one or more committees focused on empowering women and minorities to advance into leadership positions.
- Celebrating historical milestones for minorities through guest speakers, catering traditional food from local eateries owned by diverse entrepreneurs, and hosting round table discussions on the significance of these days in the legal profession.
- Adopting flexible work arrangements, such as alternate work schedules and job shares, to address the diverse individual needs of attorneys and staff.
- Investing and participating in local school programs to promote law as a future profession.
- Sponsoring and participating in an affinity bar event, such as a social mixer, annual gala, or walk/run event.
- Taking pro bono cases through a legal aid provider.
DEI COMMITTEE GOALS:
- Develop and implement a “Diversity and Inclusion Plan” that focuses on recruitment, networking, and communications.
- Observe and celebrate heritage months.
- Arrange for regular mandatory DEI trainings.
- Participate and encourage participation in local events that celebrate different cultures, causes, etc.
- Organize and implement a community-based event once a year for each office.
- Identify a way to invest/donate to historically underprivileged communities.
- Sponsor or participate in an affinity bar event.
- Take pro bono cases.
- Continue to earn the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Medallion.
Kaempfer Crowell dedicates a portion of the firm’s sponsorship dollars to events and programs dedicated to furthering inclusivity in our profession:
- Attended and sponsored the Nevada Latino Bar Association’s ¡Andale! 5k Run/Walk!
- Celebrated Movember.
- Celebrated Black History Month with a firm-wide lunch catered by Black-owned businesses and a presentation on the businesses.
- Sent three associates to the Hispanic National Bar Association 2023 Corporate Counsel Conference & Moot Court Competition.
- Celebrated Women’s History Month with a firm-wide lunch catered by women-owned businesses and a newsletter about the businesses. The firm also invited a guest speaker to talk to the firm about her role as a woman in a traditionally male-dominated leadership role.
- Celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with a firm-wide lunch catered by Hispanic-owned local businesses.
- Sponsored the “Navigating the Legal Profession as a Member of the LGBTQIA+ Community” CLE.