1980 Festival Plaza Drive, Suite 650
Las Vegas , NV 89135
Phone: (702) 792-7000
Bob Gronauer is the Managing Partner of the firm and is a senior member of the firm’s Government Affairs Department. His practice primarily focuses on zoning and land use law in Southern Nevada.
Bob is a seasoned attorney who represents local and national developers and individuals before the North Las Vegas City Council; North Las Vegas Planning Commission; Clark County Board of County Commission; Clark County Planning Commission; Clark County Town Boards; Las Vegas City Council; Las Vegas Planning Commission; Nye County Planning Commission; Nye County Board of County Commission; Lincoln County Planning Commission; Lincoln County Board of County Commission and other related boards to obtain land use entitlements, business and liquor licenses.
For almost twenty-five (25) years, Bob has successfully represented a number of clients to obtain entitlements to expand the gaming enterprise district for hotels and casinos in the Las Vegas Valley.
Additionally, Bob represents large master planned communities. He has negotiated and drafted many of the development agreements for the master-planned communities and large scale projects in Nevada. Since the late 1990’s, Bob has been the lead attorney negotiating development agreements for master planned communities such as: Rhodes Ranch, Iron Mountain Ranch, Skye Canyon, Valley Vista, Tule Springs, Aliante, Sunstone and The Apex Industrial Park. Because of his experience and relationships with the local governments, these master planned communities are negotiated in a timely manner and bring quality communities to Southern Nevada.
When Bob is not representing clients developing master planned communities, he is representing various development industries to obtain zoning and land use entitlements. Bob has represented many public and private residential builders since 1996. During this time he has entitled hundreds of single family residential subdivisions and multi-family developments. In turn, this represents about several hundred thousand residential units that Bob is responsible for entitling. Besides representing residential developers, Bob has represented hundreds of large and small commercial and industrial developments throughout Southern Nevada. In addition to negotiating multi-billion dollar agreements, he has drafted numerous pieces of legislation that has been adopted by local governments to advance development in the community.
Bob is a regular speaker before homeowner associations, various trade and industrial groups. He has been a guest speaker at the UNLV Law School and as a CLE Instructor for real estate and land use classes.
Bob is a current member of the Clark County Bar Association and a former member of the Southern Nevada Home Builders Association and Treasurer for the Las Vegas Rotary Club. Bob is routinely asked by local governments to serve as a member on various committees that review and discuss amending current legislation and ordinances for the development community. Currently, he is a member of Vistage.
- In 2009, Bob was recognized by In Business as being one of the top 40 under 40 business people in Las Vegas.
- Best Lawyers in America® –- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Best Lawyers in America® in Land Use & Zoning Law – 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Best Lawyers in America® in Government Relations Practice – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Chambers USA - Leaders in their field in Real Estate and Zoning/Land Use - 2018
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business in Zoning & Land Use Law - 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017
- Mountain States Super Lawyers in Land Use/Zoning, Government Relations – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Mountain States Super Lawyers in Land Use/Zoning – 2017
- The Nevada Business Magazine - 2009 Nevada Legal Elite
- Desert Companion Top Lawyers for Real Estate – 2011 and 2014
- Martindale Hubbell rating: BV
J.D. Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 1996
B.A. College Misericordia, 1991