1980 Festival Plaza Drive, Suite 650
Las Vegas , NV 89135
Phone: (702) 792-7000
John C. Renshaw was a founder and senior partner whose practice was focused on business litigation. He joined the law firm of Vargas & Bartlett in 1964 and became a partner in 1967. In 1994 he became a founding partner in Kummer, Kaempfer, Bonner, Renshaw and Ferrario, the predecessor firm of Kaempfer, Crowell, Renshaw, Gronauer and Fiorentino.
John represented clients in litigation conducted in California, as well as in thirteen of Nevada’s sixteen counties and in Federal Courts in both Nevada and California. He appeared before the Nevada Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
In the span of his over 50 year career, John represented numerous suppliers and contractors in construction law cases, including Corrao Construction Company and its successor, Marnell Corrao, one of the premier hotel/casino general contractors in the country. He also represented clients in a wide variety of cases including patent infringement, mineral rights and strip mining, condemnation, air pollution and soil contamination, and bankruptcy adversary proceedings.
He was a member of the Construction Committee, the Commercial Transaction Committee and the Litigation Sections of the American Bar Association and of the Nevada, Clark County, and Washoe County Bar Associations. John was a member of the Washoe County Local Administrative Committee from 1969 to 1978, a Reno Municipal Court judge Pro Tem from 1971 to 1975 and a member of the Civil Justice Reform Act Advisory Group for the US District of Nevada from 1992-1993.
- The Best Lawyers in America, Business Litigation - 1989-2006
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent 5.0 international peer review rating
- American Inns of Court, Bruce R. Thompson Chapter, Member 1986 – present,
- President 1990 – 1991, Master Emeritus of the Bench
- National Board of Trial Advocacy, Certificate in Civil Trial Advocacy - 1993
- American Lawyer & Corporate Council Magazine "2013 Top Rated Lawyer" in Commercial Litigation
- Vegas Inc. Top Lawyer in Litigation – 2013
- Desert Companion Magazine – 2011 and 2014 Top Lawyers in Commercial Litigation
J.D. University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall, 1961
A.B. Stanford University, 1957
US Supreme Court 1972
US Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit 1962
US District Court of Nevada 1964
US District Court of Northern California 1962